Conversion rate optimization (CRO) is the process of improving the effectiveness of your landing pages, sponsored advertisements, and website design to increase your conversions. When done effectively, it is the most significant feature of your PPC campaigns since it will convert visitors into all-important purchases or leads.
While not technically an element of SEO, CRO is an essential pillar of digital marketing because it is all about optimizing the process of turning viewers into paying customers. Simply put, if SEO is about establishing an online presence and increasing visibility, conversion rate optimization (CRO) is about eliciting actions after a web presence has been created.
Two Types Of Conversion
The first step toward a successful CRO campaign is defining your key performance indicators (KPIs). These KPIs in CRO may be roughly divided into two groups, based on the action you want the user to take: macro (or primary) conversions and micro (or secondary) conversions.
The majority of websites are concerned with increasing their macro conversions, which may be divided into the following categories:
- Order completions and paid membership sign-ups are examples of revenue-generating conversions.
- Lead conversions such as application form completion (for a credit card, for example) or member sign-up are lead acquisition conversions (e.g., for media streaming platforms).
- Completed contact forms or getting a telephone inquiry are examples of conversions from inquiries.
- Your primary goal for your CRO campaign is to increase macro conversions; yet, focusing only on a single measure will not lead to success. A user may perform a plethora of additional activities on your website that seem to be of lesser value than the macro conversions. Still, they all contribute to the achievement of the final objective.
Micro conversions may be divided into the following categories:
- Conversions occur due to navigation, such as reading a service or product page or proceeding through the checkout process.
- Interaction-based conversions include adding a product to the basket, viewing a promotional video, interacting on social media, subscribing to an email newsletter, or requesting a phone call.
- Engagement-based conversions include time spent on the site exceeding a specific amount, number of page views exceeding a given threshold, and frequency of visits exceeding a certain threshold.
Micro conversions are phases in the customer experience that lead to the macro conversion. Your macro conversions must be evident since they are likely to be one essential activity and the whole objective of your website. Finding your micro conversions is not difficult if you are familiar with your website; however, defining them all may take more time depending on the size of your website, the cost of your product or service, and the type of customer journey you are offering.
Why is CRO Crucial for Google Ads campaign?
Paid advertising is an excellent strategy to drive more visitors to your website and improve income. Still, it may become prohibitively costly if you don’t keep track of and optimize your campaigns. CRO increases your PPC effectiveness since a higher conversion rate decreases your cost per acquisition (CPA). Therefore, your spending is more efficient since your expenditures stay constant, but you get a more significant number of conversions due to it.
Google Advertising Quality Score is raised when you use CRO to make your search ads more relevant to the landing sites they lead to. That decreases the cost per click (CPC), boosting spend efficiency since you may acquire the same number of clicks at a lower price than you would otherwise.
Although the phrases CRO and user experience (UX) are frequently used interchangeably, they are two distinct professions. For UX design to be effective, it must enhance the user’s experience and statistics to get the best results. It makes a website straightforward to use, pleasurable to navigate, and smooth to use. The user experience should enhance CRO by ensuring that every possible call to action on a particular landing page is apparent, compelling, and simple to perform.
Get the best results of your PPC campaign by working with us at the NESMA Group! As one of the best conversion rate optimization agencies, we have experts who can achieve your objectives to make your business thrive. Get a free competition analysis today!